PDF stands for Portable Document
Many technical documents are published in the PDF format, so it's
worth the effort!
Files in this format require a special add-on program called Adobe
This file can be downloaded and installed free of charge.
Instructions are listed on the right.
the free Adobe Acrobat reader so you can read PDF files
on this and
many other websites.
This procedure is carried out once.
Steps to Install Adobe Acrobat Reader:
1) Go to this page and select the version for your operating
system and computer type.
2) Make note of the folder the file is copied to on your computer.
3) Close programs, then navigate to the folder identified in step 2.
4) Double-click the downloaded file to install it.
5) Follow prompts.
6) You will have to restart your computer.
7) After that, when you click a link to a PDF file, your browser will
display the file.
(Additional toolbar buttons will show up for working with the
When you click a link to a PDF file, it may take longer for it to
load (download into your browser program) because they are typically
larger than normal web pages.