I just had a appointment
with my doc as a pre-visit for stem cell harvesting. This
must be done as a requirement to enter a Zevalin 2 dose
The problem I would like to
point out for people to think about is this. I have fnhl, I
have been told it is indolent (slow growing). I can't give
exact dates because I'm here at the Gift of LIfe Transplant
Well I had CVP(10/03) and
was told right before the treatment that I had minimal bone
marrow involvement. I did not get any response to the
CVP but the bone marrow came back clear. All this was
involved with the genitope trial and because of no response I
was rolled over into the rituxan. Did not get response to
rituxan and was rolled over again. Received my vaccine.
Did not get response to vaccine. In fact, I
This is what I want people
to think about. June 7th I had a bone marrow biopsy
which showed 5% involvement. Decided to go with
Zevalin trial. Had to get another bone marrow Aug. 22nd.
Results showed 20 to 25% involvement. This is below the
cut off for the
Zevalin trial so I can continue with the trial. The problem
is, if I need "rescuing" with my stem cells, I will
be right back where I started from.
In the future if I require a
transplant I cannot use stem cells being harvested now.
I will have to try and receive a remission so that possible
harvesting can be redone. I just want people to
consider discussing with their dr.s an early harvesting if your
marrow is clean. I did not have this chance and I would like others
to have it.